Sunday, April 1, 2012

One Year Anniversary of Le Blog

Well I am pretty surprised with myself for keeping up with this little hobby for a whole year now. What started off as a way to document adventures & milestones throughout Landon's babyhood and sort of serve as an e-babybook to share with distant friends & relatives has now also turned into a creative outlet for me to share my thoughts, writing, crafts, food & drink recipes, fab finds, mommy tips, & attempts at living a "green" life. It's been a heck of year and I've begun to love blogging more and more with every passing post & I sincerely hope all of you enjoy spending time here with me in my little corner of the world.
In honor of my one year blogiversary, I thought it would be fun to do a quick recap of the past year, highlighting a few of my favorite posts each month.

Photobucket
The big debut of Mumma's Corner. I introduced myself to the cyber world with this post about my loves & dreams. I openly admitted to thrifting & loving it. We celebrated Landon's First Easter. I wrote about cloth diapering, which still continues to be one of the hottest topics on my blog to date. Shared a funny article for soon-to-be DADS. Wrote my first Fabulous Finds post & started planning Landon's First Birthday party. 

Photobucket
Shared some of Landon's sweet (immobile) dance moves. I became a vegetarian (again), answering "why!?" and encourage others to do the same. I wrote about My Mother in Law's sudden and unexpected passing away. I celebrated my First Mother's Day, which was all I hoped for and more. Posted my first step-by-step vegetarian recipe. Landon started CRAWLING. All this while still making time in for the gym.  I thoroughly enjoyed the new spring weather with my swingin' baby & I shared my first "do-good" post by enlightening the world about where you buy your coffee

Photobucket
Stood up in one of my best friend's weddings and another's bridal shower while spending a week back east in my homeland. Shared my first home decor post. I said goodbye to the precious days of infancy as we celebrated my sweet baby boy turning ONE.

Photobucket
We celebrated the 4th of July in the woods on a lake in Wisconsin where I discovered I could actually survive a camping trip and like it.  I was moved to tears during the annual Saving Tiny Hearts gala. Overall spent the dog days of summer documenting any & all adventures that come along with raising A TODDLER

Photobucket
We experienced two major milestones this month - Landon finally kicked the bottle & took his FIRST STEPS. I spent many days trying to burn out Lando's ever-increasing energy @ the pool & tot park. Shared a few snaps of everyday life as the summer winded down & helped move my Sister in Law into Valpo, the site of where the hubs and I first met.

Photobucket
I welcomed the cooler weather with an open heart and big smile. Took Landon on his first [disastrous] boat ride. Posted my first DIY project/craft. Stood up in my best friend's wedding in Newport RI, went apple picking, & fell madly in love with our first family photographs
Photobucket
Finally booked our honeymoon after almost 1 year of being married. Experienced my first real philanthropical experience and encourage the world to do the same. Stood up in my sister's wedding in Boston. Messed around with Chris' new ipad2 (love). Went to a Weezer concert & basked in the glorious 80-degree October weather at the park where Landon attempted to go down the slide for the first time, learned the ins & outs of football, & got his first real big boy haircut. I shared another cool DIY project & Landon celebrated his second Halloween Yoda style.

Photobucket
Shared a really funny video guaranteed to get a few laughs out of you. I completed two more DIY projects: heart maps & the 12 Days of Christmas traditions. Chatted it up with Landon on Thanksgiving morning & felt a very full & grateful heart this year. 

Photobucket
Landon meets Santa for the first time. Chris and I took our belated Honeymoon in heaven Kauai & we celebrated our One Year Anniversary. We put up our tree & went to the Navy Pier Winter Wonderfest. I posted my first drink recipe, my all time holiday favorite, mulled wine. Landon turned a year and a half years old & I still can't believe I'm a mom. 

Photobucket
We rang in the New Year with good friends, lots of drinks & lots of laughter....Although we weren't off to a great start to the new year when Landon got hit smashed over the head & knocked upside down with the stomach flu and scared me half to death. I posted about cleaning your face with OIL (don't knock it 'til you try it). I then battled a nasty never-ending cold & shared a few homeopathic feel-good remedies. My parents came to visit from Boston & we took L skating and sledding for the first time. & capped off the end of the month celebrating Husband's 31st birthday.

Honestly, not too much went on this month. I started a new job and got into working versus SAHMs but that's about it. [See for yourself.]


Kicked off the month with a DIY brown sugar facial exfoliator. Already started planning L's Big Second Birthday Bash :) Went to Austin for SXSW music festival and celebrated my 28th birthday. A little freaked out by the 80 degree weather we had this month but nonetheless thoroughly enjoyed it @ the BEACH (wth!?) & other outdoor activities.


And that was our year in a nutshell. Thank you for sharing in it with me. Looking forward to many more great adventures this year, next year, the year after that, and the year after that :)

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Lisa I absolutely love reading your blog to catch up on all the new adventures my favorite little friend is having! Congrats on your first year of blogging, I can't wait for all the posts & pictures in the future! Can't wait to get out there with you guys in TWO months :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad that i found your blog, i always look forward to reading your posts and seeing your beautiful pictures/family. happy 1 year and many more to vome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 1 year bloggaversary! I love the photo of you two working out - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a year! Love all of the photos. It's like I've known you all along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...