Monday, September 12, 2011

Homemade coasters

Put on my crafty hat and made some coasters. I've been looking for a set for a long time now but have been extremely picky, so decided to make my own. A quick trip to home depot, some gorilla glue, and a few strokes of my paintbrush later:

What You'll Need:
- 4 tiles. 4''x4'', they are only .16 cents at Home Depot.
- 4 photos (4''x4''). I printed all my images right from my Mac on photo paper (you can find photo paper anywhere, Walmart, Target, Staples).
- paintbrushes (any kind will do).
- one sheet of felt paper.
- gorilla glue (preferably the one that dries white).
- finishing glaze/varnish. I used Liquitex's Gloss Varnish bought at Michaels. You can also use a clear spray paint but apparently that is illegal to buy/sell in Illinois??
Directions:
- pick out your photos/images and print and cut out them out 4 inches by 4 inches.
- gorilla glue them to the coasters and let dry.
- glaze over with finishing gloss/varnish. Let dry and do it 2 more times for extra protection.
- cut out 16 little squares (or hearts if you want to be cute) from the felt paper.
- gorilla glue the felt pads onto bottom side of coasters.
- Let everything dry and don't be afraid to use! ;)
They are really very easy and quick to make - The longest part was just waiting for the gorilla glue and gloss/varnish to dry. And on top of being personalized and homemade, they work really well. I was so happy with and proud of how they came out I even made another set for my sister and her fiance as a little part of her bridal shower gift:


A quick snapshot of Lando's first trip to Home Depot: 



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...