Monday, April 30, 2012

Random Updates

Sorry I've been super busy this month and haven't been on here as much as I would have liked...but here's a few recent/random updates for ya ---
  • I've been listening to a lot of Sirius XM online radio. In love with Alt Nation, Tiesto's Club Life, & The Coffee House. I honestly don't know how I ever lived without. [& talk shows Waking up with Taylor & Janette's Show]. If you already have it in your car it is totally worth the extra $3.00!
  • Just booked our trip out east for Memorial Day Weekend and really looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully getting in at least one beach day. God I miss the ocean. 
  • Our rent is up in August and we will def be moving out of our beloved first home (rental, whatever). Kind of bittersweet but def looking forward to the change. Rent just keeps increasing and increasing and with more and more talk about the next baby (coming soon we hope!) we really want more space, to save more, and really get out of a high rise and live on ground level with a yard for the kiddo(s). 
  • I'm learning a lot about homeopathy, herbal medicine, natural food, essential oils, & home remedies. It is so interesting to me and I'm finding that this stuff works so much better (and is better for you) than OTC drugs and store bought crap. Spending a lot of time (and $$!) in Merz Apothecary on my lunch breaks and reading Back to Eden right now. Stay tuned for future posts on this stuff. 
  • I'm having a love affair with Pssst Dry Shampoo. Why I just discovered this now is beyond me because it literally is the best thing since sliced bread. Pssst was recommended to me by my hair stylist and it's only $5.00 and can find it at most drug stores. Now I can get away with only washing & drying my hair once a week and saves lots and lots of time in the morning getting ready. And I've actually never gotten more compliments on my hair than I have in the past few weeks since I've been using it. Honestly my hair looks better after using it than it does after a fresh wash & blow dry. it's THAT good. Get some. 
  • Landon updates: He now says "no" and "thank you" and other random phrases such as "I'm gonna get you!" "Where'd you go?" and "I got the car," among other things. I am no longer imagining it, and it has been confirmed by our sitter, my bro in law, and numerous friends. He also learned how to run (it's so awkward and I love it). Points to things that he wants. Latest food phase/craze is anything "dipped." -- In salsa, guacamole, sauces, dips, cream cheese, dressing, you name it. He loves throwing things around and I got him his first little baseball glove and pack of soft Tee balls ;) So excited for those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...