Friday, October 7, 2011

Step outside yourself.

Sponsor a child.

As mother, I want to be able to give everything to my little one. But I think part of being a good mama and raising a good family is to give back. Lately, I've been feeling a big urge to be more charitable - to submerge myself in an experience "outside of myself" and become part of a greater cause. So I decided to sponsor a child in Africa.  

Meet Sinawo.

I was moved to tears searching through databases of which child to sponsor. There are so many and they are all so adorable and the sadness completely overtook me. Every year, nearly 9 million children die before they reach age 5 because of preventable causes - hunger, disease, & poverty. By sponsoring a child, you are giving them an education, healthcare and medicine, food, and most importantly, hope.

This has been such an enriching and rewarding experience and it's sure to deepen once we hear back from and establish a relationship with little Sinawo. We're excited to write letters to him, send birthday and Christmas presents, and hopefully someday meet him. And when Landon is old enough to read and write he's going to have a little pen pal. I strongly encourage others to do the same - it is truly an incredible feeling and great way to give a little back so that one child can gain a lot life.



1 comment:

  1. what an amazing program... i'll have to look into this. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...