Friday, June 7, 2013

Father's Day footprint craft


We're on 3 years now of making a new handprint/footprint Father's Day gift for Chris and thought I'd share this year's craft with you all. You can personalize this poem however you want but ours reads:

"Walk a little slower Papa,"said Landon oh so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast, Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Papa, For you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child Who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right, And know that I was true;
So walk a little slower, Papa, For I must follow you."

Then just used some washable ink pad to make his little (big) footprints. Each year we put his new craft over last years in the same frame, where someday he'll have a very large collection of Landon's growing hands and little foot prints. You can look at our previous year's Father's Day crafts HERE.

Happy crafting & happy early Father's Day to all the wonderful & hard working papas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...