Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip

My infamous spinach artichoke recipe is finally up! There's not been one single time I've made this that I wasn't asked for the recipe, it is hands down the best dip you will ever eat or make and it is really so so easy and quick to do. And it is HUGE. Great for a large get together, parties, or holidays because it will easily feed about 10 or more people. I like to pair it with fresh veggies (cucumbers, celery, green beans, carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower) and of course goes well with pita or other chips. *Sidenote: I would also have to say that after looking at several other spinach artichoke recipes, this one seems to be much healthier than most others that are made with mayo and more cheese.

What you will need:
- 1 bag fresh spinach (or 1 box chopped frozen)
- 1 jar alfredo sauce (doesn't matter the kind, I've used all different types of brands and they all taste great. The last time I made it I used a light parmesean alfredo which came out amazing).
- 1 packet cream cheese (I use 1/3 reduced fat but doesn't matter)
- 2 cans of artichokes
- 1 bag (4 cups) of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesean (optional)
- Garlic salt
- Pepper

Directions:
1. Chop up fresh spinach or drain frozen spinach.
2. Chop artichokes.
3. Combine spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, shredded cheese, & alfredo.
4. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Half way through, stir.

5. Add garlic salt & pepper to taste & enjoy!!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...