Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Farm Day(s) + Chicken Update

Photos from Randall Oaks Park & Petting Zoo, as well as a chicken coop tour at a few homes in Barrington... We're so excited to get some chicks of our own. Right now our village as well as subdivision specifically disallow the raising and keeping of poultry, but with my lawyering skills and hubby's politician skills, we're working on changing a few things around here 😏 We first need to get a majority vote from our subdivision to want to allow, and then need to petition the village. Currently other villages of Barrington already allow them and think we have a pretty good shot with the newly elected board in our subdivision, and Chris elected as the new VP ;) The kids love having our little 'garden' and get so excited when they notice a new ripe veggie or fruit they can pick for themselves and eat. They truly understand the concept of farm to table and I love teaching it to them. I cannot wait until the day they can go looking for fresh eggs in the morning and I know we are all going to love having some sweet little feathered friends around to join our family.


2 comments:

  1. Your children look so comfortable with animals, so envious! Best of luck in changing the poultry laws:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was surprised with my 2 year old. I think I was much more afraid of the hungry goats than they were!
      Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post more updates! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...