Wednesday, June 1, 2016

DIY Sunscreen with Essential Oils

Well it's June 1 and we're already out spending most of our days outside in this gorgeous weather we've been having. For the first time I started experimenting with a DIY sunscreen with some of my oils and really love the way it came out! It's very simple to make and is completely customizable to a variety of oils you have on hand. Here is the handy chart I used as a reference guide when making mine:
I filled a 2oz amber glass spray bottle with:
- 3/4 coconut oil (which has an SPF of 4)
- 1/4 sesame oil (which has an SPF of 6) 
- 4 drops lavender eo (SPF 6)
- 4 drops peppermint eo (SPF 7)
- 10 drops carrot seed eo (SPF 30-40!).

 
It smells great and the peppermint has additional benefits to your circulatory system and amazing benefits for your muscles and skin tone. And  of course, best of all, this is 100% natural!! So I have no guilt spraying and rubbing this all over me and my pregnant belly. BUT, because of the coconut oil, I do not put this on my face. Coconut oil is comedogemic, meaning it can clog your pores, so I'm still on the hunt for a good (natural) facial sunscreen, let me know if you have any recommendations! 
Happy & Safe tanning and fun in the sun! 
*Feel free to email me at mummascorner@gmail.com if you have any questions about essential oils or are interested in starting your own wholesale membership (& joining an amazing support team of oily enthusiasts!:))

17 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa,
    This is a nice sharing. The product you suggest is very good. I have been use it many time and got a good feedback from it. Thank you for your nice sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great . My son and I are both very pale and burn easily. I make a mixture of coconut oil, myrrh essential oil, carrot seed essential oil and lavender essential oil. It’s the best sunscreen I’ve ever used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a look at which oils may be most effective for the professional and home practitioner to utilize for this purpose. Eucalyptus essential oil benefits

    ReplyDelete
  4. it particle development is comparable with human's fat, and it suits for slick skin, ailment, joint inflammation. What's more, it is additionally useful for hair mind.
    get more information

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing article ! Extremely useful and helpful ,
    it provide with perfect information I'm sure that I'll return to to get more useful information from this site ,
    All I want to say really appreciate thanks for sharing this post !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are an array of projects that one can create with wood. You can simply make whatever you desire, and the best part is that you can do so regardless of your skill level. cutthewood.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They manufacture affordable ultra-modern DIY homes that have been certified and decorated by the engineered green home association.https://www.slimethis.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks best natural oils

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, essential oil storage box

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have chosen a very interesting topic. it is very useful for us. Buy Frankincense Essential Oil for Sale. This powerful skincare oil is able to beautify and rejuvenate the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you're hunting for the best sunscreen lotions on the market, here are some of the ... Banana BoatSunscreen; Affordable SPF for sun basking

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew it would be a perfect work of art the minute I began perusing the blog.
    here

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A sunscreen with a SPF of 40 blocks 97.5 % of the UVB radiation that can cause sunburn. mineral sunscreen

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a nice article, Which you have shared here about the Essential Oils. Your article is very informative and I really liked the way you expressed your views in this post. Thank you. Natural Herbal products Australia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post. we also provide Essential Oil Storage boxes Australia. for more information visit on our website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...