Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Random Bits, Snapshots, & Links

- I've been in crazy nest mode (already) and swooning over so many adorable items to fill baby girl's nursery. I have my major inspiration coming from Finley's Ecletic Nursery by Carley Kay (scroll down) and I started accumulating items on a master wish list already :) It's been super fun, but very addicting and extremely mind & time consuming. 

- I've also been swooooning over Julie Newell's Photography and would loove to do a maternity photo shoot with her as well as a newborn/family shoot right after baby girl is born. Seriously, check out her "in bloom" belly sessions and her "celebrated baby" pics under her galleries. I've spent legit hours perusing her site and blog as if I am at a museum just absolutely mesmerized by every aspect of every single photo. Gah!


- After our big Gender Reveal Party & 4th of July Holiday Weekend, I came down with a vicious, vicious stomach flu and was a sick, sick puppy for a week. And then, unfortunately but predictably, I passed it onto little Landon, who has been home sick on his last week of school for the past three days. Poor little guy has been throwing up everything and unable to keep anything down for the past 3 days and counting, the longest time he's ever been sick. But getting lots of rest, love, & cuddles from mama & papa.


- I finally made the switch over to Bloglovin' to keep up with my favorite blogs. If you didn't know, google reader has shut down, so if you'd like to follow my Corner over on bloglovin' you can do so here. I also cleaned up my own blog list, which was getting a little out of control, to just my favorites (no preference given, in alphabetical order): 6th Street Design School, A Beautiful Mess, A Good Life, Atlantic-Pacific, Centsational Girl, Heart & Habit, Oana Befort, Ohdeardrea, Petite Biet, Primitive Mommy, & Under the Sycamore


- I'm just about 23 weeks in with baby bauman 2 and only about a month left in my beloved 'honeymoon' trimester before the big ballooning third. I feel baby kick and flutter around extremely frequently as I'm going about my day (and trying to sleep at night) but I love it. Baby now weighs just over a pound and is about the size of a cabbage in length. Have her first & middle names all picked out (sorry, it's a surprise!), booked for the hospital tour, completed/submitted all the pre-registration docs for the hospital, and minus the nursery and despite my baby brain, I'm feeling pretty on top of it lately. 


- I'm really looking forward to having no major plans this weekend, just getting some projects done around the house with Chris, returning to the gym, & for the most part just laying low and spending some quality family time. It'll be the last low-key weekend before a big bridal shower, bachelorette weekend in Lake Geneva, a downtown Chicago wedding weekend, & then our big east coast trip. Oy!


- One month from today there will be a fundraiser for my beautiful twin nieces and Landon's sweet cousins, Emma + Norah, who were both recently diagnosed with autism. Please help support their family to raise money for an autism assistance service dog -- You can "like" 4 Paws For The Fitz Twins on facebook and visit their website, www.4pawsforthefitztwins.com to learn more about the girls, autism, 4 Paws, as well as their fundraiser on August 9 and ways you can help donate and show some love.


- Finally, a few random snapshots of little bits of life lately, (most of which can be found on my IG):

Loving my new arkansas quartz crystal pendant I may or may not be guilty of buying and wearing to bring more positive energy and heightened spirituality to baby bump. c/o Love Bullet
"Landon did you make a new friend?"
Little girl: "Say yes."
Oh yes. c/o Freshly Picked
 Having tons of fun @ Kohl's Children's Museum when the weather wasn't exactly cooperating outside
 Bridesmaids @ bridal shower #1 for a beautiful bride to be this September!
@ Wagner Farm, obsessed with the "Feep!" (sheep)
Finding little vintage treasures my MIL kept. Peter pan collars & puffy sleeves, oh my! 
L + baby belly <3 (The only thing the stomach flu is good for is cuddling).
 "I'll eat you up I love you so" <3 The same bedtime stories, over & over & over...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...