Monday, April 1, 2013

2 year anniversary of le blog

Well my lil mumma's corner turned 2 years old this month. In honor of my blogiversary, I'm highlighting a few favorite posts each month from the the past year. I hope you've all enjoyed spending time here and looking forward to many more years with you all with much more in store :)

Celebrated my First Blogiversary & highlighted some favorite posts from Year One at Mumma's Corner. Started planning Landon's Big Second Birthday Bash & learned how to make french press coffee, aka the coffee that rocked my face off.
Shared some Pictures of Recently Enjoyed Things, created some home "green cleaning" concoctions, tried juicing, failed miserably and made kale chips with my leftover veggies that never made it to the juicer. Went to my first Red Carpet event, Landon started using utensils, went to the beach, and capped off the end of the month with an awesome Memorial Day Weekend out east.

Created & checked some items off of my Chicago summer bucket list. Shared some cute homemade Father's Day gifts. Celebrated our lil man turning TWO. L had his 24 month check up and we took him to his first movie. Posted the most delicious spinach artichoke dip recipe and shared some other snippets of our downtown summer life

Celebrated the fourth of July weekend with lots of fireworks, ice cream, friends, & family. Posted about the best indoor houseplants and how to garden without having a garden. A week in ipics post covering a bachelorette, foam pits, swimboree class, farmer's markets, & Wiggleworms. Figured out that we would be moving out of our beloved first home in the city. Posted some favorite summer snaps, and enjoyed our adventures (misadventures) at the zoo.

Started the ever-growing post on What Landon Eats. Went to the most amazing Lollapalooza ever & shared a few Pics and Videos. Posted the infamous buffalo chicken dip recipe (yes, I'm still a vegetarian). Started baking and discovered the best chocolate chip banana bread - save those old mushy bananas! Captured Landon's last few dog days of summer, & began our descent into Suburbia

Not a lot of blog activity this month, hit a bit of a rough patch but had a lovely time at a friend's beautiful downtown wedding. Posted about A few recently enjoyed things in this new season in our lives. 

Bits of life in the new house & suburb. A home video of L's sweet babbles. Shared a festive favorite Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe and amazing butternut squash mac 'n cheese. My secret affirmations became public. Shared a few images of our life in the new house and some of our beautiful nature walks. Finished with Landon's new 'big kid' room, shared a few Bits + Pieces of early fall, & took L trick or treating, Slim Shady Style.

Shared some snippets + bits of life. Posted an easy peasy bruschetta recipe & delicious homemade cranberry sauce. Made some pretty cool salt dough Christmas ornaments with L.

Perhaps my favorite post this past year, a reflection on the trials & joys of motherhood. A few images from our holidays and took Landon to meet Santa. Took our second annual family photos, started a vigil, celebrated 2 years of marital bliss, suffered an identity crisis, & celebrated the end of 2012 and the beginning of a new year.

Few updates on Landon's room and new adventures of 2013. Gave into co-sleeping with my little octopus and night lasher. Posted pics from our holiday travels out east. Wrote about having no cable tv and compiled my master list of documentaries. Hosted my first review & giveaway (still going!), made some homemade tea concoctions, & wrote about all my {mostly} all diy natural skincare and make-up.

Celebrated Chris' birthday, made some more homemade tea concoctions, began a meditation routine. Talked all about my new obsession with essential oils and the many ways to use them. Posted my homemade sweet potato chips recipe, & shared lil bits of life this month here & here.

Ranted about the difficulties of baby-raising and thoughts of a time long before ours. Posted a few snippets of life. Took our little fishie for a swim. Wrote about 25 things you probably don't know about me. Hosted another giveaway to win a $49 gift set - still going - Enter now! Capped of the month with lots of outdoor play as we welcomed Spring with a very happy heart.

Thank you all so sincerely for sharing in this year and this time of our lives with me. My blog becomes more important to me as each day goes by and I truly appreciate all the support, love, connections, & relationships I've received through hosting this site. I'm looking forward to sharing much, much more with you all in Year 3. 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...