Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Guest Post: Super Easy, You Deserve It, Meditation by Kayma Englund

For the longest time now, I have been wanting to start my days off with a meditation routine. I say it all the time, but I just never get around to doing it. I practice yoga very regularly, but I know I need to do something to start my days off on a better note, with a clearer mind, and take on the day with a sense of peace and relaxation, not worry or anxiety. But my excuses have been plentiful: where do I find a good, free, meditation? How do I have time to start my days off with meditating when I have a child screaming for milk and breakfast, coffee that needs to be brewed - pronto, emails sent, beds & lunches made, etc. Well I'm putting off the excuses, and getting into a better routine this year. I'm setting my alarm an hour before Landon wakes up, meditating first thing, then making my coffee & starting my morning off just focused on me and things I need to do for myself. Kayma Englund, a certified Reiki and yoga instructor has helped me with that. She offered Mumma's Corner a guest post on the topic of meditating, as well as a free 7 minute audio meditation file for you all to listen to in the comfort of your own home. I am so excited, but more than that, I am so ready to bring this into my life each day. 

Super Easy, You Deserve It, Meditation
Kayma Englund

I am sure you all have had those moments in your day when you feel like you’re the one who needs a time out. And you know what, you probably do (we all do), and that’s ok because you deserve it! This is a super easy meditation that will take just 7-minutes out of your day and will leave you feeling more relaxed, rejuvenated and at ease to continue with your day. The best thing about meditation is that it meets you where you are. You don’t need to be in a great mood, or at your physical prime – the whole idea is that we radically accept ourselves where we are (because we are amazing individuals that change with each day) so that we can learn about ourselves and then in turn be our best selves. Our meditation practice is there to compliment however we are feeling on a given day.

I would recommend finding a quiet place in your home away from distractions and if sitting on the floor on a pillow or blanket is uncomfortable by all means you can sit in a chair or lie down – the only problem with lying down is you might fall asleep.

*** easy relax meditation ***

Excited to share more of my passion for Yoga and Meditation with you in the future ~ stay tuned!

Peace & Love,

Kayma

http://www.kaymaenglund.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much to you both for this post! I hope you don't mind me sharing it in an entry on my blog, "yogimommi". I've been meaning to get it together and post something similar myself but this was just so perfect I had to pass it along to my readers. Feel free to check it out if you like...

    http://yogimommi.blogspot.ca/2013/02/simple-morning-or-anytime-of-day.html

    I've just recently discovered your blog and absolutely love it btw...

    thanks again!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...