Friday, November 16, 2012

easy peasy homemade brushetta

Just came home from the gym and was super duper starving and didn't have much time to make anything until my stomach caved in --- Enter my new favorite, easy peasy 10 minute homemade brushetta. I ate this for my lunch but think it would be great to have as a lil app before an italian dish or as a quick pick dish when entertaining. 

What You'll Need:
- pesto sauce. (Homemade if you want, I just used jarred). I also used a basil pesto (delicious) but regular pesto works just fine.
- fresh tomatoes (roma would probably be preferred, I just used whatever kinds I had left in my fridge).
- fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- french bread or crostini (I used the Whole Foods brand seasoned crostini, but any kind will do).

Directions:
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place bread/crustini on baking dish. If you're using french bread loaf, just cut about 1 inch between slices.
3. Spread on the pesto & chopped tomatoes.
 4. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese and throw in the oven.
5. Watch these little puppies! They take only a few minutes to cook. When the edges look toasted and the cheese slightly melted, they are finito!
*Best served hot right out of the oven. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...