Tuesday, July 10, 2012

today



We come to expect God to accept our understanding of what his will ought to be and to help us fulfill that, instead of learning to see and accept his will in the real situations in which he places us daily. …The plain and simple truth is that his will is that he actually wills to send us each day, in the way of circumstances, places, people and problems. The trick is to learn to see that- not just in theory, or not just occasionally in a flash of insight granted by God’s grace, but every day.  Each of us has no need to wonder about what God’s will must be for us; his will for us is clearly revealed in every situation of every day….The temptation is to overlook these things as God’s will. The temptation is to look beyond these things, precisely because they are so constant, so petty, so humdrum and routine, and to seek to discover instead some other and nobler “will of God” in the abstract that better fits our notion of what his will should be. It is the temptation faced by everyone who suddenly discovers that life is not what he expected it to be. The answer lies in understanding that it is these things- and these things alone, here and now, at this moment- that truly constitutes the will of God. The challenge lies in learning to accept this truth and act upon it, every moment of every day.


(Walter Ciszek, He Leadeth Me)



1 comment:

  1. You don't even know how much I needed to read this today. Literally just 10 minutes ago I said a prayer to God to help me get through some issues I'm working out in my head - to help me see the big picture and His will in my life. I feel like He definitely sent me to your blog today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...