Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Seven

My dear dear Landon,

I've been thinking about what to write for your birthday for several weeks now and I still feel like I just can't find the words. 

It's that every morning that you wake up before me you go downstairs and turn on my coffeemaker for me. It's that you bring in our mail and that you watch the news and that you correct me when I throw something out that should be recycled. It's that you'll sit and sweetly talk to and gently play with Havana when she needs attention and when I need a hand. 

You are the most thoughtful, caring, responsible, tender, kind-hearted little boy and I literally, constantly find myself in awe of how I got so lucky to have you as my son. 

You have an unusual, very real ability to bring sincere calmness and comfort to people, you take action to help when you see a need, and you seem to always have the exact right words to say that touch people's hearts when they need it. 

You are respectful and you are compassionate, you are funny and kind and brave and wise; You are a giver, a good listener and such good company. You love God and you teach others how to forgive and how to play fair and you see other people for their hearts, not for their outside appearances or differences. To say I am proud of you, would be a huge understatement. 

Happy 7th Birthday Landon Christopher Bauman, you are a walking, talking gift and enormous blessing to us all and I'll always be in awe that I made you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...