Monday, September 17, 2012

a wedding

First, I just want to express a sincere thank you for all the condolences, kind words and prayers in response to my last post. Since sharing the news I've received so many touching emails, facebook messages, phone calls, voicemails, and text messages from good friends, acquaintances, and from people I've never even met before.  I really, truly appreciate everyone who has reached out to me to let me know their heartfelt prayers and love have been with me. It has definitely been a very painful experience but it has helped beyond measure to talk to other women who have been through this before, to share in the experience, and to know that I have had the love and support of family and friends and even complete strangers. It just started passing through (naturally) this morning which I am happy about. I'm definitely doing a lot better, especially as of today, and I'm very hopeful that my body and mind will continue to heal and we will be back to making more babies in no time. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. 

In other news, we went to a friend's beautiful downtown wedding on Saturday and I actually managed to take some pictures. I had never been to the Adler Planetarium before, but it made for an absolutely gorgeous wedding venue. The weather was perfect for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour right on Lake Michigan, complete with a gorgeous sunset. We continued the celebration inside for the reception with all open windows for a breathtaking view of the skyline right from our tables. We had such a wonderful evening filled with good friends, endless wine, a delicious dinner, and probably the best dessert bar I've ever tasted. Congrats again Dyan & Matt :)

Edit:
I got a lot of inquiries on my dress & necklace -- necklace ($14), etsy and dress ($34), h&m. [Dress I got recently but for some reason I can't find it online but similar here & here.]



1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear of you loss, thinking of you. you looked beautiful for the wedding btw. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...