Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Green Cleaning

I have been meaning to make my own household cleaning products since I was pregnant but finally just ran out of all my Windex and Pine Sol and decided now was the time. It is seriously the simplest thing to do and you probably have most of the ingredients in your home already. And it works really, really good. I also enjoy it because I know that I'm cleaning with natural products so neither Landon nor Chris nor I are inhaling any harsh chemicals or toxic substances. Plus you also save lots of $$! It's seriously so easy to do and makes so much sense that I probably won't ever use store-bought cleaning products again.

To make your own Windex, you will need:
- 1 empty spray bottle
- 1/8 Cup white ammonia
- 1/4 Cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 drop laundry detergent or dish wash detergent
- water to the top

This windex seriously cleans JUST like the real thing, it smells like the real thing, and you can add a drop of blue food coloring so it looks like the real thing. Ends up running you about .30 cents a bottle to make. I've also done this by leaving out the ammonia and adding white vinegar and it works just as well. 

Make your own all-purpose cleaner:
- 1 empty spray bottle
- 1/4 Cup white vinegar
- lemon juice
- water
You could also add in 1/4 Cup of baking soda, 1 Cup ammonia, 1/4 Cup rubbing alcohol, or all three if you feel like it. Also heard that lemon or orange rinds work great as cleaning agents and for a lovely scent - will try this for my next batch!

Happy Spring Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...